Adventist Health Named Among Nation’s Home Care Elite
Seven Adventist Health home care agencies were named to the 2010 HomeCare Elite list compiled by Outcome Concept Systems, Inc. (OCS), a Seattle-based company providing data products and benchmark services for home health, hospice and private duty agencies. The listing of the top tier U.S. home health care agencies honors those that rank in the top 25 percent in their region based upon quality of care, quality improvement and financial performance.
The Adventist Health hospital-based agencies named to the list include:
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Bakersfield, California (San Joaquin Community Hospital)
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Glendale, California (Glendale Adventist Medical Center)
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Portland, Oregon (Adventist Medical Center-Portland)*
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Simi Valley, California (Simi Valley Hospital)
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Tillamook, Oregon (Tillamook County General Hospital)
- Adventist Health/Home Care Services – Walla Walla, Washington (Walla Walla General Hospital)
- St. Helena Hospital/Home Health Services – St. Helena, California (St. Helena Hospital)
“Our goal is to provide the best and safest care possible, and this distinction further validates our commitment to quality and dedication to our mission,” stated Sherry Mendoza, director of Home Care Services for Adventist Health. “We’re very proud of our agencies that made the HomeCare Elite list.”
OCS determines the top home health agencies nation-wide through benchmarking based on quality measurement scores submitted to Home Health Compare and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and the most current Cost Reports.
OCS maintains the nation’s largest proprietary home care, hospice and private duty benchmark databases comprised of patient-level data across all business components: clinical, financial, operational, visit utilization and patient satisfaction.
*Cited in the top 500
Adventist Health is a not-for-profit, faith-based health care system operating in California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington. Founded on the Seventh-day Adventist heritage of Christian health care, Adventist Health is comprised of 17 hospitals with more than 2,500 beds, approximately 18,600 employees, numerous clinics and outpatient facilities, the largest system of rural health clinics in California with additional sites in Oregon and Washington, 14 home care agencies and four joint-venture retirement centers. For more information, visit www.adventisthealth.org.