Comprehensive Occupational Health Services
The full continuum of services, provided through Simi Valley Hospital, ensures your employees have immediate access to all levels of care under one umbrella—a convenient, cost-effective approach. From treatment of simple lacerations to complex back injuries, your employees receive specialized care for their work-related injuries, with control of all treatment and follow-up. Services include:
- Prompt, efficient treatment of all work-related injuries, designed to return employees to work quickly and minimize lost time
- Comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Specialist level expertise in soft tissue injuries which limits the need for referral
- Dispensing of pre-packaged medications and medical supplies
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy provided through our successful Back To Work program
- Design of modified duty programs to ensure continued productivity
- Employer authorized treatment only
- Appropriate specialist referrals, within the community, with continuous case management
EMPLOYER HEALTH SERVICES
A full range of employer health services�including drug testing, employee physicals and education programs�are available at your request. We�ll be happy to develop a comprehensive plan, which ensures that all requirements of your business are met.Services include:
- Pre-placement and executive physicals
- Evaluation of employees� ability to perform essential job functions
- Drug testing
- Breath alcohol testing
- Vision and hearing testing
- Pulmonary function testing
- Electrocardiogram and treadmill testing
- Disability evaluations
- Hazardous materials and chemical exposure examinations and testing
- DOT/DMV examinations
- Vaccinations and immunizations
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Worksite safety and consultative services
- Ergonomic assessment of the work environment
- Review of compliance with OSHA regulations
- ADA compliance
- Drug-free workplace programs
- Bloodborne Pathogens Compliance programs
- Wellness and health promotion education
Providing a safe work environment and preventing injuries before they happen are a critical part of managing productivity, controlling employee health care costs and reducing worker�s compensation claims. Our team of specialists provide on-site assessment of the workplace and a practical, real-world plan for implementing safety and injury prevention practices.
Prompt, efficient case management saves your company both time and money. We pride ourselves on timely, responsive communication that keeps the employer updated on all aspects of care. We can also help employers design modified duty programs that keep employees on the job. The WorkPlace also features a state-of-the-art information system, developed specifically for occupational medicine, which manages and tracks all aspects of care. Case Management services include:
- Responsive, timely injury management
- Ongoing communication between our nurse case manager and the employer regarding the employee�s medical and work status
- Automated reporting capabilities via fax
- Physician follow-up with employer after the employee is first treated
- Prompt filing of Doctor�s First Report of Injury
- Monitoring of employee compliance with treatment plans and follow-up visits
- Information management of all aspects of care, including billing
- Timely, easy to understand reports
- Tracking analysis of injuries to monitor trends in your business
All occupational health services, including those provided after hours, are based on a standard pricing structure�the California Workers� Compensation Fee Schedule. The unit price for our services is consistent with other occupational medicine providers�it is not based on routine hospital charges. And, we will consolidate the bill for you. Our efficient case management program allows us to control the total cost of medical care. This, combined with reduced lost time, directly impacts your indemnity costs. By assisting you in limiting Worker�s Compensation claims, you are able to minimize your losses — which may result in lower premium costs to you.Here are a few examples of how we can save you money:
- We handle all complex communication and authorization to keep the patient moving toward earlier treatment and a positive outcome.
- We are sensitive to Workers� Compensation laws including the �3-day rule� and will work aggressively to avoid lost time injuries and indemnity claims.
- We facilitate modified duty placement, keeping your employee continuously on the job� there is no �psychological� break from the routine of going to work.
- When lost time is unavoidable, cases are monitored to ensure prompt recovery and return to duty as quickly as possible.
- Our effective case management leads to judicious utilization of expensive diagnostic treatments and procedures�no unnecessary test or work is done.
The WorkPlace is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. First injury treatment is always available�24 hours a day�with after hours care provided by the Emergency Department. Follow-up care is provided by The WorkPlace. No matter when an injury occurs, all case management and billing consolidation are handled through The WorkPlace.