Celebrating Our Transformation
ADVANCING THE HEALTH CARE OF SIMI VALLEY
On May 4th, 2008, Simi Valley Hospital introduced our community to the hospital’s new 144-bed Patient Care Tower—a beautiful, four-story structure with private rooms and special features that enhance the healing environment.
- Garden level is reserved for future expansion of cardiac and GI lab services. (See SVH Announces $41 Million Investment in Expanded Services for details.)
- First floor features 52 medical and surgical patient rooms with soothing wall colors, beautiful artwork, flat-screen televisions and simulated wood grain floors that evoke a hotel-like experience.
- Second floor houses the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and the Telemetry Unit. The new, 24-bed ICU more than doubles our previous capacity of 11 beds.
- Third floor is dedicated to theWomen’s and Children’s Services and features eight labor and delivery rooms, two C-section rooms and an eight-bed Neonatal Inten- sive Care Unit (NICU). An additional 28 private rooms for women’s services are located on the north wing of the Patient Care Tower.
The Patient Care Tower project comes to completion with the opening of the new main entrance and lobby. This convenient and attractive gateway features:
- A new main entrance and information desk.
- Comfortable guest seating areas on all floors, vaulted ceiling and soothing wood grains that accent waiting areas.
- Three private admitting booths to ensure confidentiality during the admitting process.
- A gift shop and coffee station that offers refreshments in a café setting.
- A chapel for guests, patients and staff members to relax and spiritually recharge, with glass doors that open onto a tranquil garden.
- A donor recognition wall that highlights the generous spirit of our community.
- Wireless Internet access for patients and visitors.