Aspen Outpatient Surgery Center
Nearly $200,000 in new equipment has transformed Simi Valley Hospital’s Aspen Outpatient Surgery Center into a state-of-the-art leader in same-day surgery in our region.
With these technologically advanced tools and other outstanding features at Aspen Outpatient Surgery, many procedures that used to require an overnight hospital stay can now be performed in a manner that allows patients to go home the same day as the surgery.
The Center’s new acquisitions include:
- The most advanced gynecological equipment available today, including:
- New hysteroscopes, featuring advanced fiber optics that allow physicians to see clear, detailed images of the uterus and surrounding structures.
- Specialized equipment for the treatment of fibroids and other gynecological problems.
- A balloon to perform endometrial ablation, an extremely successful, less-complicated alternative to hysterectomy.
- A fluid management system, which controls and monitors the amount of fluid that goes into a patient during a procedure and ensures that all of the fluid has been removed at end of the procedure.
- Upgraded equipment for arthroscopic surgery, providing surgeons better control and easier operation. These state-of-the-art tools are used to help surgeons determine whether procedures can be done laparoscopically through tiny incisions or require conventional, open surgery.
- New equipment for plastic and cosmetic surgery, including the most advanced liposuction machine on the market and other equipment that enhances surgeons’ abilities to operate with safety and precision.