Pediatric Surgery at The Aspen Surgery Center
While committed to achieving the same outstanding outcomes we see with our adult patients, the Aspen Surgery Center approaches pediatric surgery from a child’s viewpoint—with the needs and concerns of parents in mind.
Young patients arriving at the Aspen Surgery Center enjoy the kid version of a chauffeured limousine ride: A tour of the center in a red wagon, conducted by one of our staff members. Knowing what to expect helps to reduce children’s anxiety, and the red wagon tour is a surprising and fun first experience at the surgery center.
In addition to the red wagon tour, children get another surprise: A soft, cuddly care bear to accompany them to surgery and greet them when they awake in the recovery room. Special thanks to The Assistance League of the Conejo Valley for donating these wonderful little goodwill ambassadors.
The Aspen Surgery Center is well equipped to make pediatric surgery safe and comfortable for our patients and convenient and reassuring for parents:
- The center features a designated pediatric recovery room.
- All recovery room nurses are certified in pediatric advanced life support (PALS).
- An advanced monitoring system helps nurses keep tabs on their young patients’ health status as they recover.
- A state-of-the-art crib ensures the safety and comfort of infants and toddlers.
- Parents are allowed into the recovery room the moment their child arrives from surgery.
- Parents may sit alongside their child’s recovery bed in comfortable glider rocking chairs.
- Prior to surgery, children are given the opportunity to choose a DVD or VCR movie, which softly plays as they awake in the recovery room.
Pediatric Surgeries Provided at the Aspen Surgery Center
- Hernia repair
- Oral surgery
- Orthopedic fracture repair
Other types of pediatric surgery are also performed at the Aspen Surgery Center. Call (805) 955-8008 for more information about available surgeries.