Maternity Services—An Exciting New Location
Maternity Services has a beautiful new home in Simi Valley Hospital’s state-of-the-art Patient Care Tower. Built to maximize the comfort and safety of moms and babies, and the convenience of patients and family members, Maternity Services offers:
- Eight labor/deliver/recovery rooms — Each spacious, 300-square-foot room features cozy furnishings, earth-tone floor and wall coverings, artwork, and custom-made wooden cabinets over each bed; a sleeper chair; natural light from a large window; and advanced technology, including specialized, remote-controlled exam lights.
- Two C-section rooms — These specialized operating suites right in Maternity Services are convenient for patients and staff.
- Newborn Nursery — Our trained staff of nurses will make your baby’s first days into the world safe and pleasant.
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) — The first of its kind in Simi Valley, this special nursery for babies born prematurely and/or with special medical needs gives expectant parents an extra level of assurance.
- Couplet Care — While traditional nursery care is available to all families who deliver at Simi Valley Hospital, one of the most exciting options is “couplet care.” Unlike the traditional approach, in which new babies are cared for in a separate nursery by a dedicated nursery staff, couplet care places newborns in the same room with their mothers until both go home. A single nurse and physician attends to the needs of both mom and baby.
- Postpartum care (after delivery) — Located adjacent to the Maternity Center, the Women’s Services Department provides comfortable postpartum care and education for new moms, with convenient services for spouses and visitors.
- Women’s & Children’s Services — The entire third floor of the new Patient Care Tower is devoted to Women’s & Children’s Services. While the south wing houses Maternity Services, the north wing offers 28 private rooms for postpartum care (after childbirth), gynecological patients and pediatric patients.
- Surf the Net — Free wireless Internet connection is available for patients and visitors throughout the Patient Care Tower.
- Patient care information technology — Project IntelliCare, a $4 million computer-based system, provides caregivers with instantaneous patient care information, such as vital sign readings, lab results and X-ray images, making service for patients faster and more efficient.
- The Great Beginnings Baby Club — Sponsored by local businesses, The Great Beginnings Baby Club provides celebration gifts for the whole family.
Having a Baby? Come by for a visit!
When it’s time to have your baby, we want the beautiful new Maternity Center at Simi Valley Hospital to be your first choice. We invite you to tour our Center to see for yourself! Call 805-955-6300 to schedule a tour today, or join us for one of our special Maternity Tea and Tour events.
Physicians and Staff You Can Count On
Our physicians combine medical excellence with compassion and sensitivity. Choose a board-certified male or female physician and/or obstetrician from our experienced medical staff. The doctor you choose will care for you throughout your pregnancy and delivery.
Our skilled nurses, many of whom live right here in our community, are trained to provide professional, yet deeply caring, support during labor, delivery and recovery. They also teach new moms important baby-care skills.
Get Prepared With Education
We’re with you every step of the way during your baby’s development. We offer a variety of free and low-cost classes and support groups to prepare you and your loved ones for the arrival of your baby. Classes include:
- Maternity Tea and Tour
- Prepared Childbirth
- Baby Care Basics
- Breastfeeding Support Group
- Sibling Relations
- Infant/Parent Class
- CPR for infants / CPR for adults and children